Buckham West, formerly the Faribault Senior Center, would like to announce an opportunity for those individuals 60+ to receive a nutritious noon meal each day, Monday-Friday. In order to reduce contact, the normal daily congregate meal held in the Buckham West dining room will not be served until further notice. But don’t worry, because you may order and pick up a meal instead! (This is not a home delivery.)
These are the steps:
- Call 332-7680 (SEMCAC’s kitchen number) to order a meal for the following serving day.
- Plan to pick up your meal between 11:30-noon on that day.
- Park your car in the parking lot on the west side of Buckham West, 19 Division St. W. (other parking places may be used on north side if needed)
- In order to avoid contact, please do not come in to the building for your meal. The doors to Buckham West will not be open to the public. Your meal will be brought out to you in your car.
- The number of meals will be tracked on an order sheet in the building and a donation request letter will be mailed to each meal recipient by April 15th. Cash donations or green punch cards will not be accepted during this time. Meal cost continues to be a suggested donation of $4 for those people 60 and over.
New clients are certainly encouraged to take part in this critical program.
• When you call to place your meal reservation order, please indicate that you are a new diner.
• There will be some questions that you will need to answer in order to get started utilizing this curbside pick up meal program.
Updates and adjustments will be announced via KDHL 920 AM radio, Faribault Daily News, and the Three Rivers and Buckham West Facebook pages.